DISTURBING THE PEACE REMINDER
Commercial companies, residents and business owners are reminded that Village Ordinance 136.16 permits the following activities ONLY during the time periods specified herein:
(1) Outdoor equipment. Use or operation of lawn mowers, leaf blowers, chain saws or other landscaping equipment shall be permitted between the hours of 8:00 am and 9:00 pm
(2) Construction activities. Erection, construction, excavation, alteration, repair, permitting or causing any such outdoor construction activities to any property, building or other structures, or permitting anyone, other than the property owner or immediate member of the property owner’s family or other person providing such assistance as a volunteer, to operate any tools or equipment used to construct, excavate, drill, demolish alter or repair any outdoor building or structures shall be permitted between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, Saturday between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 1:00 p.m., and at no time on Sunday. Without limitation, this provision specifically applies to the operation of power saws, power planers, other powered tool or appliances, pile drivers, excavation equipment, pneumatic hammers, derricks, hoists, or similar equipment, the use of which is attended by loud or unusual noise.
(3) Loading and unloading. Loading or unloading any commercial truck or van in a residentially zoned area or in a commercially or manufacturing zoned area which is adjacent to a residentially zoned area shall be permitted between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. This section shall apply to the use of hydraulic trash compacting equipment such as commercial refuse collection, but shall not apply to the loading or unloading of common household items or appliances.
(1) Use of any mechanical device, apparatus or equipment, related to or connected with emergency activities or emergency work associated with work performed by private or public utilities in the maintenance or modification of its facilities, shall be exempt for the restrictions set forth in division (A) herein.
(2) Noise sources resulting from emergency work, being work made necessary to restore property to a safe condition following a public calamity or work required to protect persons or property from an imminent exposure to danger, shall be exempt for the restrictions set forth in division (A) herein.
(3) Upon written request by the applicant, the Mayor or Mayor’s designee, shall have the authority to extend the hours set forth in division (A) herein, if the Mayor or designee determines such an extension is reasonable.