Curbside Leaf Pick-Up to Begin Monday 24 October
Weekly curbside leaf pick-up is scheduled to begin Monday, October 24 and continue into early December. Vacuuming will be done each Monday (or the next possible day if inclement weather) by the same company, Environmental Management Inc. that we have used for the last few years. Please observe the following:
- Rake leaves to the grass tree lawn strip area next to the street as soon as possible. DO NOT rake leaves into the street, as cars parked on the street can start a fire. Plus, the leaves can block the storm sewers causing dangerous ponding and expensive sewer cleaning.
- Do not place/mix yard waste and tree branches with the leaves. Dirt, decaying plants, and tree branches can clog the vacuuming equipment, slowing or stopping removal for that day. This costs the Village extra money and delays collection.
- If you want your leaves picked up, do not park your car in front of the piles on Mondays. Remember to pile leaves in the grass tree lawn where the truck can have easy access. The truck is equipped with a side mount vacuum and designed to pull alongside a leaf pile, not back up to the pile. And remember, the vacuum hose is only 10 feet long.
- For those living on Cambridge, Village Court, or Arlington, do not place leaves onto the “island” across the street from your home. All leaves are to be piled in the grass tree lawn along the curb in front of your home. If you have a lawn service, please be sure to tell them, as they have been one of our biggest violators.
- Leaves may be bagged in biodegradable paper bags, but will then be removed by the Grandview Heights Service Dept. as yard waste each Monday through the end of November. The bags cannot be thrown into the vacuum trucks.
- If your street has already been vacuumed for the day, the service will not return to your street until the next scheduled Monday pickup.